About LeeAnn Brook
Contemporary landscape painter LeeAnn Brook grew up in the countryside of Glastonbury Connecticut, and studied at Paier College of Art near New Haven, Connecticut, where she graduated in 1973 with a double major in fine art and graphic design. Studying under the influences of trompe l’oeil painting master Ken Davies (the then Dean of her college), her curriculum in art school was traditional-based. Concurrently, her personal work developed into large format contemporary paintings that she exhibited in festivals and galleries throughout New York and New England, winning over 20 awards in juried shows in 3 years. At age 23, she was accepted into the prestigious Connecticut Society of Women Painters.
While continuing to paint, Brook also pursued a career in graphic design, starting as an art director in Boston, then in the San Francisco Bay Area of California. In 1976, she started her graphic design business, Brook Design Group, and moved to the Sierra foothills community of Nevada City, California where she has run a successful graphic design business for over 35 years.
Her current body of paintings has been developed in her open studio over the past 12 years. Concentrating on large format contemporary paintings, her unique style of landscapes and abstracts resonate with her love of the natural environment. Showing in numerous one-woman shows and several group shows, her work has also included many commissioned pieces for residential and commercial venues.
LeeAnn Brook has a studio and resides in the arts community of Nevada City, California. In addition to painting, her participation in the arts has included:
- Advisory Board member of the Sierra College Applied Art and Design Department
- Recipient of an Award of Merit in Fine Art from the California State Fair
- Keynote speaker on the arts at numerous events
- Invitational judge for juried shows
- Invitational workshop presenter for numerous art clubs
- Presenter of yearlong painting workshops
- Mentor for developing artists in her community
- Published in the upcoming book Best of America Acrylic Artists, Kennedy Publishing
- Publisher of blog on art travels in Italy, Unplugged Under the Tuscan Sun
For a complete biography and resume of selected exhibitions and recognition, please inquire within.